On-Site Acoustic Testing conducts speech intelligibility testing for a variety of purposes including:
- Proof of unintelligible speech index scores (CIS) in secure areas such as SCIF and SAPF areas (privacy applications)
- Proof of effectiveness of white noise systems for noise masking systems in secure areas such as SCIF and SAPF areas (privacy applications)
- Verification of speech intelligibility for evacuation systems (fire and emergency) both indoor and outdoor
- Verification of speech intelligibility for conference rooms, classrooms, and auditoriums
Speech intelligibility may be reported using two alternative measurement scales which are:
- CIS (Common Intelligibility Scale) – which is used for government and military applications
- STI (Speech Transmission Index) – which is used for most other applications
Both methods of speech intelligibility testing involve using pre-recorded sounds which are then amplified and measured within the room, or in adjacent spaces (for privacy applications).
We utilize industry standard equipment from Liechtenstein-based manufacturer NTI to conduct this testing.
To learn more, simply use the convenient form located below:
Or call one of our testing specialists at 1-800-665-0080